Tuesday, April 21, 2009

stripped

Further and further
With every word you laid out so heavily
Punctuating periods of thick silence,
It was hard to breathe at times
Knowing not where the land was
Quiet beneath the ocean beside you.
We floated there for a whole Moment
Deeper and deeper
With who knows, and whether;
Hugging what ifs
And when.

The aroma of the freedom you feel
In being so open, was so heady
I lost myself twice, and touched timeless
It was the only thing I could do
To catch my breathe,
Hanging up on you.

The ease with which you stripped me
while you shed your own verbal armor
Was so disarming I gladly stood
Exposed for you, for there is so much
I still cannot see, even though I see
You entirely before me

You stand, wearing nothing and yet hiding
Everything. How come?

U beckon me to you
With a smile somewhere inside your dark brow
Behind your dark lashes
Your breathe is long in motion slow
And a bead of water falls to your lip
Are you going to kiss me
With one more word
With one more thought
With one more way to show how confident you are
To be free
Inviting me to fall
Further and further
With every word
Down deeper
And closer
To a place
Even you
Yourself
Don’t
Yet
Know?

I only hope so.

No comments: