Sunday, April 26, 2009

Setting Sun

Circling in the possibilities
That come with the night
Your entrance brought in a new tide
That spoke of quiet passion
The depths of which tales were told
By campfires and dragons were slayed
By dawn.

I caught your wonder and I sense
Your desire but perhaps it was too quick
To catch or maybe it was already gone
For you moved so smoothly with the shadows
I wonder if the fact I’m an Astrologer
Sends you away, as I bring the sun to all I do
And you’re much safer hidden.

I wanted to own you for but a moment.
And u let me. Somewhere in the deep sea sighing
Of your heart, I heard a chorus of surrender
Serenading the little piece of me I left
Inside you. And as I recall this morning
The small trace of your own mystery takes shape
somewhere
Buried beneath my skin, .

The pyramid hope I build
Comes effortlessly now. Sacred architecture
Built on nothing but a foundation of possibilities
That come with the night.

Who can say if what you spoke of
In the shadows, with your eyes
Is a written oath or a rite of passage
Legal in its day and dated with the rising
Of tomorrow.

Quiet, its quiet here now
The morning is too far away to even find
And I am lost. Lost here in these dark
Possibilities, that dodge my grasp
Knowing full well I live in the light
And they shall pass if they are glanced upon.

Ill stay a while longer
In the dark. Till morning shines its lighthouse
Call. My siren song is nowhere near as hauntingly long
As the moment we shared this morning.
For someone who lives like the sun
I would bow my head and bring night
If only to hear the silence that pours from your
Skin
One last time.

No comments: