Tuesday, April 21, 2009

eyes of an artist

so deceiving
it coulda been someone else
who held me on the phone for hours last night
in ten whole minutes.

His voice was thick red velvet curtains
And yet here, now, before me
Velcro blinds, a cut and copy cardboard cutout
Of the shadow shone last night..

..I knew I chanced fate
And slipped myself a hook
The line was a good one
And sinker, I saw myself
Trying to reach for air
Finding any joke I could
To hide the fact I was disappointed

Your voice did not match what
I heard last night.

Do you speak in misplaced
Truth? I wonder since the rich silence
I heard on the phone, is now broken
By bottle cap shards and s
Syncopated snapshots of your smile
And the glowing embers of the vowels
He left imprinted on my digital audio tape.

I'm checking to see if it was you.
And somehow, through the magic of technology
I think it is.
I just somehow heard you differently.

My ears are such artists

They paint your words in spring bud shades
And add vibrant color to the autumn
Way your thoughts fall.
And somehow I hear you beautiful,
Where my eyes see you
Aren’t at all.

And once more I punish my senses
For judging through the color of my own
Winter eyes.

No wonder it gets so bitter cold here
And why it’s no surprise
I reach for the peace
Of summer when it’s just too hot
To cry, and just to late even try
To wear yet one more
Fake disguise.

No comments: