Sunday, April 26, 2009

marked

You don’t need to spray cologne on my t shirt
Like you did this morning
The traces of your river
On this parched skin
runs eternal
Even during the drought months when you’re busy
When a phone line is too tight
And your schedule is too wired to call
Or remember.
U seem to now, you know when to find me
Your clock is always set now
To Just The Right Time
That I barely even know the alarm is ringing
When you are finding me
When you are somehow in my arms
And our lips are seemingly one
And you are inside me
searching for the last mark you left
For the unfinished song that echoes there still
Our unending search for each other
Inside ourselves
Starts when you leave
And returns when you are back here
Its been hours and years and a century
Since you were here under my comforter
And silent, smiling,shouting a million words for love
In your silence.

No comments: