Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Moving

you can make me move
oh Great One
you can say leave
Get out
Go away
Move this week
pack this weekend
oh Lordly One
You can take my things

you can throw them on the street
(you did)
burn them
make me forget them
or try and steal them
(how can you steal what was given so willingly?)

you can make me, oh 'Dominant' One
decide what's best
what rule to erect
which hoop to spin around me
you can try and make me jump
since trying is all you are left
doing, oh Controlling One

since you don't really know
which way my penny lands
cookie crumbles
or if indeed I'll be here tomorrow
to bet, or eat.

You can take it all
oh Creative One
but I'll still be floating around
watching you, eyeless

smiling that you thought
oh MisGuided One
that you really thought (did you?)
that I wasn't you
and that I'm not forever too?

No comments: