Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sensuality

The steam that rises from this tea
Curls a million saspirilla smiles around me
Smiles that hug and warm
And tickle at times.

The metal on this cold unyielding
Machine sculpts my hot, tearing muscle
Building it back stronger and more supple
So that next time, the love this cold hard steel makes
With me, is deeper and lasts longer.

The scattered waste of yesterday around me,
Wrappers of treats, and crumbs of love’s cake
Remind me how much I forgot that spirit
Dwells here no matter what time of night
No matter how slow I am to rise
And no matter what I feel is wrong or claim
Is right.

The taste of the rain across my lips
And the smell of the wind at night here
Is almost too much, at 3am as
I walk home. The stars are dripping golddust
And I can barely see for there are so many tears here
Shed between shard of rainglass
Broken from the mirror in the sky above
Where is Venus today?
Where in the sky does she look deep into
The river of my own heart
And see such beauty.

The skin I wear
The things that surround me
Are the river upon which I float
Each rub of my jacket sends me somewhere else
The smell of my freshly washed shirt
Pushes me over the edge
And I am making love all over again
As the door opens and winter washes over me
I am born as the leaves blow inside
And as the storm clouds gather above
I know the rain will not cease
And I’ll have another reason
As the moment before is washed off
By this one
Another reason to love
This place I keep finding myself in
Again.

No comments: