Friday, May 1, 2009

late

you’re touching me through
Gold plate glass
Stroking my gloved palm
And kissing my veiled lips
Holding me close with your
Heart, caged.
Your words measured, meet my
Mind watchful, and together we somehow
Find intimacy, feigned
Hidden behind smiles
And wrapped around careful words
Aloof freedom and possessive walls
Scaled in moments of aloneness

You’re calling to me through
The thick of the night
Close, from a distance
And open, behind the doors of your crystal
Cut blue eyes.

You’re talking to me through
The stained glass tears I cry.
Seeking solace by the radiant fire
In the haven you won’t create inside yourself.

You’re wondering through
Your wandering questions and flickering gaze
Why there is no closeness here

I’m tracing my steps my steps back
Through the
Looking glass, finding the small hidden area
Of my soul where I gave up intimacy
Where I followed seeds into a maze
Not of my own making

The rabbits hole is wider this month
But I didn’t fall
The door closed too early to
And the earth fell in

Because I’m late.
Always late
To get the message

I taste you
And my soul shrinks
And I drink you
And I’m taller overlooking all my faults
Reflected in yours

I wander in this land
Through the shadows

No comments: