Friday, May 1, 2009

I thought I'd find you there

I thought id find you there
Within the curled up wire and rustic void
Before me, but you did not come
And I do not know if I should now avoid
This empty room, this naked place
Where I cannot feel your presence,
Even see your face; I come each night
But I leave still hoping, more if more might
I wonder if you wonder too
If you sit and wait and question what the others do.
I cannot stop, I will not cease to find you
In this empty city heart there’ll be no peace
Here, no place to start, if the darkness blows
Your name this way, but nothing else
Just rain clouds gray skies, that is all
Hope that will not die, although its about to fall
And broken still I will not go, until I see
Your faithful beauty in haunting glow
Before me for I do not lie
Ive sat here waiting, ask me why
I do not know, I know not where
I came here tonight because I thought
I’d find you there.

No comments: