Friday, May 1, 2009

The ER of I and U

The ER of I and U

no wonder I got burned

they said I was a guy magnet
they’d melt into me
they did

they never told me the pain
of the heat,
of the passion
melting
my little wax heart

especially when you tried that afternoon
to pull away
and tore the only illusion I ever thought
would stay.
my skin was soft and smooth
but lost its shine
when I needed surgery
to take
what of yours
had merged with mine

your smile
a piece of your frown
your roughened hands
you offered when I fell down
shards
of trust,

fragments of
damp-sweat and tear-wet

lust

and a tattered
tattoo
in its place.

Your heart beat firm and fast
beside mine.
Your face…
such a long, long while.
Was with me.

A final hug
And one last smile.
And the endless tug.
Of our war.


That’s why
it took
Such a long, long year
And still, today

To heal the wounds of our
Spiritual surgery.

No comments: