Friday, May 1, 2009

in the valley...

Your lips met mine
Where it matters
Your eyelashes fell between
My own, as we nestled
And your smell
Is something that still,
Still remains here.
Your arms wrapped round mine
Stronger than strangers
And harder than hardly anyone
Had held me before.
Your kisses were planted somewhere
In the fertile fields of my neck
In the valley where only a few are allowed
To go.
Your smile is like my own
Deep, sustained and real.
And the way you feel
Is similar.
I admire your strength, the way you talk low
And aim light, the way you sit in awkward silences
Comfortable.
We gave and took equally, and that is where my peace lies
This morning.
If dawn came sooner I could sing your praises with the birds
But I serenade your secretly in the shadows.
I carry your touch, your eyes, and I know I’ll be thinking of you
And wanting to see you again soon.
We met on an enchanted week, after the full moon
And where our Journey leads, who can tell
I thank you for the way you held me, and most of all
For leaving behind
Your smell.

No comments: