Friday, May 1, 2009

bending time

How come in the last thirty
Minutes since you cradled your head
Against my neck
Did I swim in the warm ocean for 3 hours.
How did the sun rise and set
And how come we arrived back here
Late for your appointment
When we only closed our eyes for
A moment.

I can’t set my clock by us
Any longer.

Its too dangerous when you draw near
Because my heart races and my blood warms
To such a degree that the coziness of your arms
And the scent of your lips
Is just too much
My eyes begin to close
And I'm so safe,
In your so familiar arms
That I could die inside of you
Without a care.

Does this mean I love you.
And does this mean we have time
How can I be conscious with you
When all our time is spent
Trying to reach for breath
Trying to see through all this warmth

I can’t set my expectations
By us, any more.

Just promise me, that you’ll be waiting
There, when I managed to break free
And come up for air
That’s all

I can set my head down
Cradled in your neck
Til you say its time

No comments: