Saturday, July 26, 2008

of Love's Lost Light

of lost Love’s light

        I await the day when he returns. His memory still burns

        like a candle that will not go out.

        For without that

        light

        I am cast

        in doubt

        of ever being Loved again in that

        same way.

        His arms are around me now, so strong so

        protective, my back is warm. My head can rest

        upon his chest, to keep me sheltered from the storm’s harms.

        The sea, the night, the stars, …the sky

        are a memory I find hard to hold.

              But I try….

        I try to dream of You as I sleep each night

        but all I seem to recall

        is the days

        l o n g

        !! fight !!

        so I must wait and dwell

        …on your sweet touch and soulful smell

        which I find in the rain

        so I sit in the showers that pour outside

      again

…..and again…..

No comments: