Monday, November 10, 2008

only one stretcher

something just lifted
the sky is still cloud-n-blue
I’m still over here, me
and the last I heard you sounded like you

but something just changed, something just relaxed
some knot was just untied, just then, just now
and I can’t remember what I felt and what winter ice
was blocking me in from running down the driveway
to greet you? to see you?
or did you just take me out of your vice?

something just lifted
someone just came in and tore back the drapes and opened the window
and something is sitting tickling my chest
is Pepsi really that strong?
is this caffeine or is this because I somewhere have decided it’s okay
to not be able to let this go
because its something I want to figure out
or enjoy
do I really enjoy fighting with you?
even after it hurt.

call the paramedics, have them standing by
I don’t know if there’ll be only one stretcher needed
when we’re dying locked still in am embrace
or neck brace.

No comments: