Monday, November 10, 2008

37?

sorry I gave you
your gifts back
they were given to me under false pretenses
gifts that say ‘im sorry for doing A’
when A is all you know
and the only gift you have to give
how can fault that?
greatly and often, right…

sorry I gave you the nice shirt
I looked good in, back to you

why do I wanna look good in you
when you’ve caused me no end of trauma

I sat in YOUR hospital wing
with your drunken disorderly
I never said I liked clinics
yet I’ve sat there waiting for your results


wow i'm so not into you
anymore
I lost the spark for you
by your childish tantrums
it unnerves me that you’re 15 when your
ID says 37.
How can I imagine making love to you
when you can’t even string a sentence together
without the words ‘I can’t talk about this now’
emblazoned there in big bold print.

No comments: