Sunday, January 10, 2010

hummingbirds don't sleep

Am I teaching you freedom
Or when I point out the roses
Am I losing mine?

I catch u as you hover around the flowers
Too deep to risk the sweetest juice
Of Now.

Your wings buzz fast and furious
So much work for so little reward.
I’d offer a straw but
Hummingbirds don’t stop to take a moment.

Am I blocking your path
As the brigthest most dangerous tulip
In a field of green. Red-capped and smiling.
A siren of sorts, not meant to be, but unavoidable.

Your heart beats fast and furious
So much work for so little reward
I’d offer a pillow to rest on but
Hummingbirds don’t sleep while their singing.

Am I denying nature
When I ask you to sit with me and wonder.

Your mind spins fast and furious
SO much work for so little reward
Yet you offer me a runway and give me wings
But I can’t fly
And Hummingbirds don’t ever land
And I wonder why

You ever flew so close to me
When u always knew
There was no time to drink.
but
Even Hummingbirds sometimes buzz less fast
And fly less furious
I know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

BlogFront said...

Hi Neild,

BlogFront.org is committed to uphold the quality standards of blogging. We strive to maintain and promote only the most credible blogs in their respective fields.

Spam blogs or "splogs" has been a problem for some time now and people are getting confused about which blog to trust.

We would like to thank you for maintaining such a reputable blog. We know that it takes time, effort and commitment to keep such a blog and as such, we have added your blog as one of the top Astrology blogs.

You can see your blog listed here: http://blogfront.org/astrology

You can also claim your BlogFront Top Blogs badge at http://blogfront.org/badges/astrology

Thank you for keeping your blog credible. Let's keep the blog revolution alive!

Maria Blanchard
BlogFront.org
Blog Revolucion