Sunday, February 8, 2009

Miss you Mitri

You'd sometimes just sit there
your green eyes trained to me.
Watching.
I'd often wonder what you thought.
Whether you just put up with me
or whether you enjoyed being alone together
when the house was empty.
\you'd sometimes ask me for something
and I'd ignore you, brush you away
and you'd return not long after.
I think you knew, didn't you.
(didn't you?) that I loved you
and that you'd get a treat if you
stared long enough.
Did you get enough treats?
You hated me taking a bath
didn't you?
You'd worry I would slip and fall
drown and never wake to hold you again
another day. Or at least eat together.
You'd sit sometimes when the lights were out
and I was sleeping, I saw your green eyes
refleting light from somewhere, a street light outside
perhaps.
You knew stuff.
You used to commune in dreams, you'd say so much
with silence. And I did hear you purr a few times,
so I know you were happy.
And you seemed happy with me around.
But you see, tonight
I'll never know if you weren't doing so well
when I wasn't.
But I tried to come back
to visit you
I hope you know
and I hope you saw
when you lay stiff, your eyes were light years away
and you left alone.
I miss you.
And I'm sad last night you died.

No comments: