Saturday, October 18, 2008

not thaw, not warm

I don’t know what to say
I don’t know whether to remain here
in this seat beside you
listening to a million and five reasons why Im abad
person for loving you
or liking you
or knowing you

would u respect me more if I up and leave?
I don’t know what to say

except you linger in loss
and lovingly grieve
always your last goodbye

you said it five times as you pulled on your seat belt
safely buckling yourself in from my further words
you shield yourself with shameless papery wings

while I sit, the devil on your cold shoulder
stroking your stone cold heart
reminding you

that the most evil thing you’ve done to yourself
is to

not thaw, not warm
what good was there in remaining the same?
maybe ill come back

maybe this isn’t my last refrain.
I always did look good in black

and I know you’d look good in my hoodie again.

No comments: